- Survived a childhood bout with polio.
- In 1967, she and her sister Prudence traveled to India with the Beatles to study transcendental meditation. The song "Dear Prudence" was written about her sister's experiences there.
- Auditioned for the role of Liesl in The Sound of Music.
- Frank Sinatra famously served her divorce papers on the set of Rosemary's Baby.
- Appeared on the cover of the first issue of People magazine in 1974.
- Starred in 13 feature films directed by Woody Allen from 1982 to 1992.
- Only four of her children are her biological progeny---the rest are adopted from other countries, including Korea, Vietnam and India.
- Time magazine, in 2008, named Farrow as among the 100 most influential people.
- That same year, she received France's Legion of Arts and Letres award; the Refugees International McCall-Pierpaoli Humanitarian Award; and the Tiananmen Square Award.
- The following year, the Leon H. Sullivan Foundation honored Farrow for her humanitarian efforts and actions to enact social change.
- 1986, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1970, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress: Nominee
- 1965, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actress: Winner
- 1987, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 2000, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1986, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1985, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1970, Golden Globe — Henrietta Award (World Film Favorites): Winner
- 1991, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1969, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 1966, Golden Globe — Actress in a Television Series: Nominee
- 1970, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- Woody Allen — Ex-significant Other
- John Charles Farrow — Brother
- Patrick Joseph Farrow — Brother
- Matthew Phineas Previn — Son
- Sascha Villiers Previn — Son
- Lark Song Previn — Daughter
- Stephanie Farrow — Sister
- Tam Farrow — Daughter
- Thaddeus Farrow — Son
- Maureen O'Sullivan — Mother
- Prudence Farrow — Sister
- Sven Nykvist — Ex-significant Other
- Fletcher Farrow Previn — Son
- Frankie-Minh Farrow — Daughter
- Ronan Seamus Farrow — Son
- Daisy Previn — Daughter
- Frank Sinatra — Ex-husband
- Gabriel Wilk Farrow — Son
- André Previn — Ex-husband
- George Cukor — Godparent
- Louella Parsons — Godparent
- Malone Farrow — Daughter
- Isaiah Justus Farrow — Son
- Keili-Shea Farrow — Daughter
- Michael Farrow — Brother
- Moses Farrow — Son
- Soon-Yi Previn — Daughter
- Tisa Farrow — Sister
- John Farrow — Father
- Birth Name: Maria de Lourdes Villiers Farrow
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Birthday: February 9, 1945, Aquarius
- Profession: Actor, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
The Pretty Little Liars star and creator recall their wildest -- and sometimes incredilbly uncomfortable -- encounters with fans