- Sold more than 55 million albums worldwide as part of the British pop phenomenon the Spice Girls, in which she was often referred to as "Scary Spice."
- Released her solo debut, Hot, in 2000; the album LA State of Mind followed in 2005.
- Appeared on stage in Rent on Broadway and a London appearance in The Vagina Monologues.
- Released Catch a Fire: The Autobiography in 2002.
- Was partnered with Maksim Chmerkovskiy on the fifth season of ABC's Dancing with the Stars.
- Joined the judging panel of the Australian version of The X Factor in 2011; later appeared as a guest judge on the U.K. version of the show.
- Martin Brown — Father
- Andrea — Mother
- Jimmy Gulzar — Ex-husband
- Madison Brown Belafonte — Daughter
- Danielle Brown — Sister
- Max Beesley — Ex-significant Other
- Giselle Belafonte — Stepdaughter
- Phoenix Chi Gulzar — Daughter
- Angel Iris Murphy Brown — Daughter
- Stephen Belafonte — Husband (separated)
- Eddie Murphy — Ex-significant Other
- Birth Name: Melanie Janine Brown
- Birth Place: Leeds, Yorkshire, England
- Profession: Pop singer, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
When asked to draw a portrait of her fellow America's Got Talent judge Howie Mandel, Mel B delivered a work of art that would make the FCC balk