Mekhi Phifer Celebrity Watchlist
Boasting an athletic body, sexy smile and raw intensity, this native New Yorker found overnight success when he attended an open call for Spike Lee's 1995 drama Clockers and landed the leading role of a drug dealer. After earning accolades for his debut, P… (more)
Birth Place: New York, NY
Birthday: December 29, 1974, Capricorn
Boasting an athletic body, sexy smile and raw intensity, this native New Yorker found overnight success when he attended an open call for Spike Lee's 1995 drama Clockers and landed the leading role of a drug dealer. After earning accolades for his debut, Phifer turned in credible performances in movies of various genres, from the silly comedy High School High to the popular thriller I Still Know What You Did Last Summer to the sadly underappreciated O, an adaptation of Othello set in the world of high-school sports. In 2002, he made his professional breakthrough with his winning turn as Eminem's pal in 8 Mile and his addition to the cast of ER as a cocky doctor. Phifer stayed on ER until 2008, when his character was killed off, and the following year he became a regular on the FOX police procedural Lie to Me. Off screen, the actor owns a number of Athlete's Foot stores in California.
- Planned to study electrical engineering before landing his debut role in Clockers (1995).
- Recorded a rap album titled New York Related: The HF Project.
- Starred in the music video for Brandy and Monica's 1998 hit single "The Boy Is Mine."
- Owns a number of Athlete's Foot stores in California.
- Rhoda Phifer — Mother
- Mekhi Thira Phifer — Son
- Omikaye Phifer — Son
- Malinda Williams — Ex-wife
- Oni Souratha — Ex-fiancée
- Reshelet Barnes — Wife
- Fernando Cameron — Half Brother
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 7. Neighbors With Benefits: Welcome To The Neighborhood