The son of editorial writer Alberta Phillips and former NFL player Billy Brooks, this Texas native was a celebrated high-school basketball player and model before moving to Los Angles to pursue acting in his late teens. Brooks’ star began to rise with a recurring role on Boston Public and in 2005 caught a big break by moving to Wisteria Lane as Alfre Woodard’s secretive son on Desperate Housewives. For season two of HBO’s vampire series True Blood he was cast as “Eggs” Benedict Talley and then became a regular on the short-lived law drama The Deep End. His years of experience walking the catwalk led to modeling in a steamy 2010 Calvin Klein promotion for the designer’s X underwear line.
- Began acting in school and local plays at age 15.
- Excelled in high school sports and was named a Texal all-state basketball player.
- Son of former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Billy Brooks and editorial writer Alberta Phillips.
- Big break came with the role of Matthew Applewhite on Desperate Housewives, for which he earned an Image Award nomination.
- Included in Daily Variety's Ten Young Actors to Watch in 2005.
- Landed the role of Tara's love interest Eggs on the vampire series True Blood and played a lawyer on the short-lived The Deep End.
- Modeling gigs include the racy 2010 video and print ads for Calvin Klein X underwear line.
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Billy Brooks — Father
- Gary Bledsoe — Stepfather
- Billy Brooks — Brother
- Alberta Phillips — Mother
- Attended University of Southern California, School of Cinema-Television, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Birth Name: Mehcad Jason McKinley Brooks
- Birth Place: Austin, Texas, United States
- Profession: Actor, Model