Maxine Peake Celebrity Watchlist
- Took to acting at the age of 13 after joining Bolton Octagon Theater's youth club.
- Won a scholarship at London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in 1996.
- Almost went to Manchester Metropolitan University because it was were Julie Walters and Victoria Woods met. She ended up working with both actors as she was offered the role of Twinkle in Dinnerladies while studying at the Academy in 1998.
- Won the Manchester Evening News Theatre Award for Best Actress for her role in The Children's Hour in 1998.
- 2014, BAFTA Television Awards — Best Actress: Nominee
- Glynis Hall — Mother
- Lisa — Sister
- Brian Peake — Father
- Jim Taylor — Grandfather
- Attended Salford University, Manchester, England; Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London, England
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 7. Neighbors With Benefits: Welcome To The Neighborhood