- Hails from a family of Welsh and Scottish heritage; raised throughout the United Kingdom and Indonesia as the son of an oil worker.
- Attended schools in England, Indonesia and Scotland.
- Has graced the London stage since 1995, gaining acclaim for roles as Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing (in a rare departure from his taut, serious image) and as Prince Hal in Henry IV.
- Met his wife, actress Keeley Hawes, while starring in the BBC television series Spooks (which aired as MI-5 on A&E Network in the U.S.).
- Nominated for a London Film Critics Circle Award for his role as Mr. Darcy in the 2005 film version of Pride & Prejudice.
- 2008, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Myles Hawes — Stepson
- Martin Macfadyen — Father
- Keeley Hawes — Wife
- Maggie Macfadyen — Daughter
- Ralph Macfadyen — Son
- Meinir Owen — Mother
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London, England
- Birth Name: David Matthew Macfadyen
- Birth Place: Great Yarmouth, England
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The CW's Riverdale gang is a lot like these Dawson's Creek characters