- Started acting as a child growing up in Devon, England; his mother was a local theater director.
- Began his acting career on stage in productions such as Shakespeare's The Tempest.
- Noted as a rising young star by the Sunday Times in 2009.
- Became known to American audiences after appearing in 2004's Chasing Liberty with Mandy Moore.
- Played Charles Ryder in the 2008 adaptation of Brideshead Revisited.
- 2012, AACTA Awards — Best Lead Actor: Nominee
- 2014, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2016, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Margot Molinari — Ex-significant Other
- Sophie Dymoke — Significant Other
- James Goode — Brother
- Matilda Eve Goode — Daughter
- University of Birmingham, Birmingham, England; Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art, London, England
- Birth Name: Matthew William Goode
- Birth Place: Exeter, Devon, England
- Profession: Actor