While blessed with leading-man looks, this up-and-coming actor is usually cast as the star's pal or the spurned boyfriend. After making an auspicious film debut as a sensitive soldier in 2000's Tigerland, he earned hisses as the heroine's jerk of an ex in Legally Blonde. In the '00s, Davis continued to appear in studio movies (a pro football player in Blue Crush, a vampire hunter in the stinker BloodRayne) but fared better in indies (a gay cowboy in Lone Star State of Mind, a romantically challenged New Yorker in Heights). He made the jump to the small screen when he landed the gig as the title character's self-involved best buddy on the short-lived dramedy What About Brian?, and has appeared on Damages and Vampire Diaries.
- Appeared as a contestant on MTV's Singled Out.
- Learned to surf for his role in the 2002 film Blue Crush, despite his fear of sharks and deep water.
- Often plays military men, including in the films Tigerland (2000), Pearl Harbor (2001) and Below (2002).
- Attended University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States; attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts, New York, New York, United States
- Birth Place: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Profession: Actor