- Supported his theater career with steady radio roles as the title character on Pepper Young's Family and as the villain Atom Man on Superman.
- Distinctly voiced commercials for Smuckers using the tagline: "With a name like Smuckers, it has to be good!"
- Visited newspapers to closely observe managing editors at work in preparation for his role as Charlie Hume on Lou Grant.
- Played the character so well that Hume ranked high in a late-'70s Florida newspaper poll that asked readers about America's most trusted men.
- Hosted the HBO Mailbox program in the '80s, answering questions about programming from viewers.
- 1979, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1981, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1980, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Herbert Abrams — Brother
- Evelyn Abrams Mauss — Sister
- Betsy — Daughter
- Bill Adams — Son
- Morris Abrams — Father
- Margot Fineberg — Wife
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI (BA, 1940; MA, 1941)
- Birth Name: Mason Abrams
- Birth Place: Brooklyn, NY
- Died: April 26, 2005
- Profession: Actor, Voice-overs
Trending TonightSee all »
The CW's Riverdale gang is a lot like these Dawson's Creek characters