- Attended kindergarten with Peter Morgan.
- Had his first television role at 22.
- Featured in art duo Gilbert and George's photographic work The World.
- Enjoys driving camper-vans.
- Is close friends with Harry Enfield.
- Was awarded an honorary doctorate from Bournemouth University in 2007.
- Appointed an OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) by Queen Elizabeth II in her 2015 Birthday Honours.
- 2016, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Actor in a Movie Made for Television or Limited Series: Nominee
- 1998, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Winner
- Lucy Aston — Ex-wife
- Alec Clunes — Father
- Daphne Clunes — Mother
- Philippa Braithwaite — Wife
- Amanda Clunes — Sister
- Birth Name: Alexander Martin Clunes
- Birth Place: Wimbledon, London, England
- Birthday: November 28, 1961, Sagittarius
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Everyone's most recent TV obsession was the hot topic on the Emmys red carpet