Best known stateside for her two-year stint on Las Vegas
and for her recurring role as Naomi Dorrit on Lost
, Thomason got her start on series like Playing the Field
and Where the Heart Is
in her native England before trying her luck in Hollywood. Unfortunately, she was relegated to the thankless part of "babe" opposite big-name funnymen in a series of lackluster comedies (Haunted Mansion
opposite Eddie Murphy, Black Knight
opposite Martin Lawrence, My Baby's Daddy
opposite Eddie Griffin). As an intelligent but aloof casino pit boss with a shady past on Vegas
, Thomason still didn't get to do much more than look pretty, and she parted ways with the series in 2005. But two years later, she took a second gamble on the small screen when her character parachuted onto Lost's
island. Thomason has been married to husband Craig Sykes since 2009.Marsha Thomason Fast Facts:
- Has said that 1976 crime comedy Bugsy Malone inspired her to become an actress.
- As a child, joined the prestigious Oldham Theatre Workshop, a children's ensemble in Lancashire, England.
- First television appearance was on 8:15 from Manchester, a British Saturday morning kids' show.
- Made her big-screen debut in the controversial 1994 drama Priest.
- Has said that before joining NBC's Las Vegas, she knew nothing about gambling and couldn't even shuffle a deck of cards.
- Was friends with Lost cast member Dominic Mognahan before joining the series as a recurring guest star.
- Marsha Thomason Relationships:
- Peter Thomason - Father
- Tallulah Anaïs - Daughter
- Jason Done - Ex-significant Other
- Kristy - Sister
- Phyllis Thomason - Mother
- Craig Sykes - Husband
- Attended Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester England; attended Oldham Sixth Form College, Oldham, England