- Born to an Austrian mother and an Italian father.
- His mother changed his name when he was a child so that he would better fit in with his peers.
- Placed in a state-funded boarding school when he was 5.
- Sang in a punk band during his teen years.
- Fluent in German.
- Contemplated becoming an attorney in Germany, and studied at the University of Munich to that end, but left after a year to pursue acting in England.
- Daniel Craig, a good friend, is godfather to his son Gabriel.
- 2015, Olivier Awards — Best Actor: Winner
- 2014, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2016, Tony — Actor (Play): Nominee
- Liza Marshall — Wife
- Gabriel — Son
- Roman — Son
- Attended Munich University, Munich, Germany; Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, Surrey, England (English and Drama, 1984); Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, Bristol, Avon, England (1987)
- Birth Name: Marco Giuseppe Salussolia
- Birth Place: Highbury, London, England
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead