Mark Strong Celebrity Watchlist
- Born to an Austrian mother and an Italian father.
- His mother changed his name when he was a child so that he would better fit in with his peers.
- Placed in a state-funded boarding school when he was 5.
- Sang in a punk band during his teen years.
- Fluent in German.
- Contemplated becoming an attorney in Germany, and studied at the University of Munich to that end, but left after a year to pursue acting in England.
- Daniel Craig, a good friend, is godfather to his son Gabriel.
- 2015, Olivier Awards — Best Actor: Nominee
- 2014, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Roman — Son
- Liza Marshall — Wife
- Gabriel — Son
- Attended Munich University, Munich, Germany; Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, Surrey, England (English and Drama, 1984); Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, Bristol, Avon, England (1987)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage