- Sold plastic garbage bags door-to-door as a pre-teen and sold Cleveland papers out of his father's station wagon during a Pittsburgh newspaper strike.
- Attended stamp-collecting events while in high school, buying merchandise on one floor and selling it at a profit on another.
- Was cut from the high-school basketball team three years in a row.
- Taught disco dancing in college and also co-owned a bar, until a wet-T-shirt contest involving an underage girl got him in trouble with authorities.
- Worked at a Dallas-area Dairy Queen for a few hours one day after saying he wouldn't hire Ed Rush, the head of NBA officiating, "to manage a Dairy Queen"; the remark resulted in a record $500,000 fine.
- Helped institute the spectator-friendly three-sided shot clock at NBA games, in response to e-mails from Mavericks fans.
- Matched the dollar amounts of his NBA fines (a total of over $1.2 million at the end of the 2005-06 season) with charitable donations.
- His Mavericks defeated the Miami Heat in six games, bringing Dallas its first NBA title, in June 2011.
- As of 2011, his net worth is $2.3 billion.
- Jeff Cuban — Brother
- Shirley Cuban — Mother
- Tiffany Stewart — Wife
- Alexis Cuban — Daughter
- Brian Cuban — Brother
- Norton Cuban — Father
- Indiana University, Bloomington, IN (BS in Business, 1981)
Trending TonightSee all »
By "Charlie Rose, Inc."Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.95 (as of 8:56 PM UTC - more info)
Charlie Rose with Joel Coen, Ethan Coen, George Clooney, Tim Blake Nelson & John Turturro; Mark Cuban; Stephen Gaghan (December 27, 2000)
By Charlie Rose, Inc.Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.95 (as of 8:56 PM UTC - more info)
By Keen PublishingUsually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $6.95 (as of 8:56 PM UTC - more info)