- Hired as a stagehand at the York Theatre Royal in England when he was 15.
- Made his big-screen debut in the 1997 British comedy The Full Monty.
- Watched tapes of Jackie Gleason in The Honeymooners to learn to speak like Fred Flintstone for his role in The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (2000).
- Originally slated to portray the Great One in the 2002 CBS biopic Gleason, but backed out because of scheduling conflicts; Brad Garrett took over the role and earned an Emmy nod.
- Appeared in the British series The Thin Blue Line and Too Much Sun before landing the lead role on CBS sitcom Still Standing, which ran from 2002 to 2006.
- Returned to U.S. TV several years later in the HBO medieval-fantasy series Game of Thrones.
- 1997, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Winner
- 2011, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2012, Olivier Awards — Best Supporting Performance: Nominee
- 1998, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- Oscar Addy — Son
- Charlie Addy — Son
- Ruby Addy — Daughter
- Kelly Addy — Wife
- Attended Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London, England
- Birth Name: Mark Addy Johnson
- Birth Place: York, England
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Amazing Race returns