Marion Ross Celebrity
- An aspiring actress at 13, she changed the spelling of her first name from "Marian" to "Marion" because she thought it might look better on a marquee.
- First acting job was at California's La Jolla Playhouse, where she worked under the tutelage of director Mel Ferrer.
- Named San Diego State University's Most Outstanding Actress while attending school there.
- Made her TV debut in 1953, playing an Irish maid in the comedy Life With Father; also made her big-screen debut that year in the comedy Forever Female.
- First Broadway appearance was as Asia Booth in a 1958 production of Edwin Booth.
- Star-making role of Marion Cunningham on Happy Days was spun-off from an appearance in a 1972 episode of Love American Style.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2001.
- 1999, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1992, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1997, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1979, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy or Comedy-Variety or Music Series: Nominee
- 1993, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1984, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Paul Michael — Significant Other
- Ellen — Mother
- Gordon — Father
- Alicia Erikson — Sister
- Freeman Meskimen — Ex-husband
- Jim Meskimen — Son
- Ellen Plummer — Daughter
- San Diego State University, San Diego, CA (Drama, 1950)
Trending TonightSee all »
By PBS (DIRECT)Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $34.91 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $2.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $0.00 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)