- Mother was a big-band singer and a bookie.
- Parents owned Cantone's Restaurant in Boston.
- In the late-1980s, was the opening act for Rosie O'Donnell.
- Began career as host of a New York children's show, Steampipe Alley.
- Debuted on Broadway by replacing Nathan Lane in Love! Valor! Compassion! in 1995.
- Joined the cast of the hit HBO series Sex and the City in 1999.
- In 2011, married his partner of 20 years, Jerry Dixon, in a ceremony that was officiated by pastor Jay Bakker, son of televangelists Jim Bakker and Tammy Faye Bakker Messner.
- Is known for his celebrity impressions, including Judy Garland, Liza Minnelli, Bruce Springsteen, Joan Rivers and Bette Davis.
- Was selected to be a judge in the 2014 Miss America Pageant.
- Marion Cantone — Sister
- Mario Cantone Sr. — Father
- Jerry Dixon — Husband
- Camille Cantone — Sister
- Elizabeth Cantone — Mother
- Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts, United States (1982)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Profession: Actor, Comedian
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead