- Double majored in Spanish Theater and Economics in college.
- In 1989, quit his job as a chef at the Four Seasons Biltmore Hotel's La Marina restaurant in Santa Barbara, and moved to a village in Northern Italy to study traditional Italian cooking.
- Opened his first restaurant, Po, in 1993 in New York City.
- Established the Mario Batali Foundation in 2009, which organizes fundraising to help feed and educate children.
- On the board of directors for The Lunchbox Fund, a non-profit that provides meals to students in South Africa.
- Susi Cahn — Wife
- Armandino Batali — Father
- Benno Batali — Son
- Marilyn Batali — Mother
- Leo Batali — Son
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States (1982); attended Le Cordon Bleu, London, England
Season 5, Episode 25
- Birth Name: Mario Francesco Batali
- Birth Place: Seattle, Washington, United States
- Birthday: September 19, 1960, Virgo
- Profession: Chef