Marilyn Monroe Celebrity Watchlist
- Spent most of her childhood bouncing between foster homes and orphanages.
- Monroe was her mother's maiden name.
- Appeared on the cover of the first issue of Playboy, in December 1953.
- Her production company, Marilyn Monroe Productions, produced only two films: Bus Stop and The Prince and the Showgirl.
- Converted to Judaism in order to marry Arthur Miller.
- Her last film, The Misfits, was also Clark Gable's last movie.
- Buried in the Corridor of Memories #24 at Westwood Memorial Park in Los Angeles, CA.
- Lee Strasberg delivered the eulogy at her funeral.
- Elton John's "Candle in the Wind" was written for her.
- Michelle Williams won a Golden Globe and earned an Oscar nod for her portrayal of Monroe in 2011's My Week With Marilyn.
- 1955, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Foreign Actress: Nominee
- 1957, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Foreign Actress: Nominee
- 1957, Golden Globe — Actress in a Leading Role - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1962, Golden Globe — Henrietta Award (World Film Favorites): Winner
- 1954, Golden Globe — Henrietta Award (World Film Favorites): Winner
- 1960, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Winner
- 1957, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1960, Golden Globe — Actress in a Leading Role - Musical or Comedy: Winner
- Jim Dougherty — Ex-husband
- Gladys Baker — Mother
- Arthur Miller — Ex-husband
- Martin Edward Mortenson — Father
- Joe DiMaggio — Ex-husband
- Robert Baker — Half Brother
- Bernice Miracle — Half Sister
- Attended The Actors Studio, New York, New York, United States
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage