- Named after a village in Cuba, which was a favorite fishing spot of her father and grandfather.
- First film role was in the 1976 rape drama Lipstick, which starred her sister, Margaux.
- Posed nude for Playboy in 1983.
- Guest-starred on a controversial 1994 episode of the ABC sitcom Roseanne in which she and the title star shared a kiss in a gay bar.
- Published her first book in 2002, Finding My Balance: A Memoir; followed it with 2007's Mariel Hemingway's Healthy Living from the Inside Out: Every Woman's Guide to Real Beauty, Renewed Energy and a Radiant Life and 2009's Mariel's Kitchen: Simple Ingredients for a Delicious and Satisfying Life.
- Is a practitioner and teacher of yoga, and produced and starred in the video Rodney Yee/Mariel Hemingway: 15 Minute Results Yoga.
- 1977, Golden Globe — New Star of the Year - Actress: Nominee
- 1993, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1979, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special: Nominee
- 1980, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- Byra Hemingway — Mother
- Dree Hemingway — Daughter
- Steve Crisman — Ex-husband
- Ernest Hemingway — Grandfather
- Margaux Hemingway — Sister
- Jack Hemingway — Father
- Langley Fox — Daughter
- Joan Hemingway — Sister
- Hadley Richardson — Grandmother
- Birth Name: Mariel Hadley Hemingway
- Birth Place: Mill Valley, CA
- Birthday: November 22, 1961, Scorpio
- Profession: Actor, Producer, Director
Trending TonightSee all »
We challenged Chris Geere, Aya Cash, Kether Donohue and Desmin Borges to draw 45-second portraits of each other and the results were... interesting