Mariah Carey Celebrity Watchlist
- Got her big break by giving her demo to Sony president Tommy Mottola at a party.
- In 2006, started lines of fragrances and jewelry, and signed to produce musical ring tones on cell phones for Pepsi.
- Insured her legs for $1 billion.
- Her subtle, decidedly unglamorous turn as a social worker in the acclaimed 2009 drama Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire earned her a Breakthrough Performance Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival.
- That same year, Billboard magazine named her 2005 hit "We Belong Together" as top song of the decade.
- Her 1994 hit "All I Want for Christmas Is You," which Rolling Stone calls the fourth-best rock Christmas song ever, in 2011 became the first Yule song to top two million in digital sales.
- Her charitable efforts have earned her a Congressional Horizon Award.
- 1990, Grammy — Best Female Pop Vocal Performance: Winner
- 2013, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2005, Grammy — Best R&B Song: Winner
- 1990, Grammy — Best New Artist: Winner
- 2010, People's Choice Awards — Favorite R&B Artist: Winner
- 2005, Grammy — Best Contemporary R&B Album: Winner
- 2005, Grammy — Best Female R&B Vocal Performance: Winner
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Moroccan Scott Cannon — Son
- Tommy Mottola — Ex-husband
- Alfred Carey — Father
- Monroe Cannon — Daughter
- Derek Jeter — Ex-significant Other
- Morgan Carey — Brother
- Patricia Hickey — Mother
- Nick Cannon — Husband (separated)
- Alison Carey Scott — Sister
- Luis Miguel — Ex-significant Other
Next On TVSee all »
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative