- Started to play tennis at the age of 4.
- Was discovered at a tennis exhibition in Moscow by Martina Navratilova.
- Moved to America at the age of 7 to train at the Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Florida.
- Won Wimbledon in 2004, and the U.S. Open in 2006.
- Was named one of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in 2005.
- Yelena Sharapova — Mother
- Sasha Vujacic — Ex-fiancé
- Yuri Sharapova — Father
- Grigor Dimitrov — Ex-significant Other
- Birth Place: Nyagan, Soviet Union
- Profession: Tennis player