Margaret Hamilton Celebrity Watchlist
- Trained and worked as a kindergarten teacher before becoming an actress; continued to serve on the Beverly Hills Board of Education after her acting career took off.
- Made her Broadway debut playing Helen Hallam in the original 1932 production of the comedy Another Language; her on-screen debut came when she reprised the role in the 1933 film version.
- Was injured while filming The Wizard of Oz (1939), when a delayed trap-door opening during a fiery exit resulted in second-degree burns on her face and a third-degree burn on her hand. Hamilton spent six weeks recovering from the incident and refused to do any more fire-related stunts on the film set.
- Played Aunt Eva on the radio series Ethel and Albert in the 1940s and 1950s.
- Remained active on stage throughout her career, notably playing Aunt Eller in a production of Oklahoma! at the New York State Theater in 1969.
- Walter J. Hamilton — Father
- Paul Boynton Meserve — Ex-husband
- Jennie Hamilton — Mother
- Hamilton Meserve — Son
- Miss Wheelock's Kindergarten Training School, Boston, MA (1923)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. Dancing With The Stars: Week 1
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage