A multitalented performer, Moore first surfaced as a singer touring with the Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync in the late '90s before releasing her hit-making debut album, So Real, in 1999. She quickly became an MTV staple, hosting specials as well as her own eponymous series. Anxious to prove that she was more than just a "pop princess," Moore underwent a striking makeover, darkening her blonde hair and embarking on a film career. She wisely played against type in her first major Hollywood role---a villainess in The Princess Diaries (2001)---before reverting to her good-girl image as the lead in the romance A Walk to Remember (2002). A succession of movies and albums followed, and though she never had a breakout film smash, she remained in the spotlight thanks to some high-profile romances, including Wilmer Valderrama and tennis star Andy Roddick, and a few mostly forgettable film projects. In 2009, however, Moore rebounded with her sixth studio album, Amanda Leigh, her most mature record to date, and married alt-country rocker and singer-songwriter Ryan Adams. The next year saw her return to TV with a recurring role on Grey's Anatomy, as well as the big screen with a starring voice role in the animated 3-D Disney film Tangled.
- Began acting in community theater and school plays at age 10.
- Became known as the "National Anthem Girl" for her frequent performances of "The Star-Spangled Banner" at sporting events in her home town of Orlando.
- Former spokesperson for Neutrogena skin-care products.
- In 2005, launched her own clothing line under the name Mblem, but the label shut down in early 2009.
- Is a fan of mixed martial arts, and the music video for "I Could Break Your Heart Any Day of the Week" from her 2009 album, Amanda Leigh, featured an appearance by UFC fighter Chuck Liddell.
- Is an ambassador for Population Services International, a nonprofit group whose mission includes child survival, HIV prevention and reproductive health.
- 2011, Critics' Choice Movie Awards — Best Song: Nominee
- 2017, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- Andy Roddick — Ex-significant Other
- Wilmer Valderrama — Ex-significant Other
- Scott Moore — Brother
- Don Moore — Father
- Kyle Moore — Brother
- Stacy Moore — Mother
- Zach Braff — Ex-significant Other
- Ryan Adams — Ex-husband
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Amanda Leigh Moore
- Birth Place: Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
- Profession: Actor, Singer
Trending TonightSee all »
She wants her to make it!
By Tezoro ProductionsBuy New: $49.95