- Studied at the Royal Shakespeare Company in 1964 with Patrick Stewart (his co-star in 1994's Star Trek: Generations) and David Warner (his co-star in 1979's Time After Time).
- Made his TV debut in the first season of long-running British drama Crossroads.
- His portrayal of Alex in Stanley Kubrick's 1971 classic A Clockwork Orange was ranked No. 100 in Premiere magazine's 100 Greatest Film Performances of All Time.
- Played a character named Mick Travis in three films directed by Lindsay Anderson: If... (1968), O Lucky Man! (1973) and Britannia Hospital (1982).
- Performed a one-man show in 2004 called Lindsay Anderson: A Personal Remembrance in honor of the director, who died in 1994.
- Played the recurring role of Daniel Linderman during the first season of Heroes.
- 1972, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- Alexander Siddig — Nephew
- Charles Taylor — Father
- Beckett Taylor McDowell — Son
- Mary Steenburgen — Ex-wife
- Edna Taylor — Mother
- Margot Bennett — Ex-wife
- Charles McDowell — Son
- Seamus Hudson McDowell — Son
- Kelley Kuhr — Wife
- Finnian Anderson McDowell — Son
- Lilly McDowell — Daughter
- Attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, London, England
- Birth Name: Malcolm John Taylor
- Birth Place: Leeds, Yorkshire, England
- Birthday: June 13, 1943, Gemini
- Profession: Actor, Director
Trending TonightSee all »
Sullivan Stapleton really, really likes a CBS sitcom.