- Began dancing at age 4.
- Immigrated to the United States in 1992.
- Broke his leg in a skiing accident at age 13. Doctors had to place a metal rod in his leg, and told him he might have a limp for the rest of his life. He astounded them by dancing in a competition six months later.
- Co-founder/Board of Directors member of the non-profit organization Dance Team USA.
- Best known for appearing on Dancing With the Stars starting in Season 2.
- Choreographed parts of the aquatic show La Rêve at Wynn Las Vegas.
- Owns several dance studios.
- Larisa Chmerkovskiy — Mother
- Peta Murgatroyd — Fiancée
- Aleksandr Chmerkovskiy — Father
- Shai Aleksander Chmerkovskiy — Son
- Valentin Chmerkovskiy — Brother
- Karina Smirnoff — Ex-fiancée
Next On TVSee all »
Wed Feb 1 8:00amSeason 2, Episode 10 REELZI’ll Watch123 Watching
- Birth Place: Odessa, Ukraine, Soviet Union
- Profession: Professional dancer, Choreographer
Trending TonightSee all »
Slaying the enemies of Jesus with the angel Castiel