As the New York correspondent for France's Mad Movies magazine, TVGuide.com's future FlickChick prowled Times Square grindhouses in the good old/bad old days, dreaming up clever things to say about films like Last House on Dead End Street and House of Psychotic Women. McDonagh's efforts launched a writing career that to date includes four books — Broken Mirrors Broken Minds: The Dark Dreams of Dario Argento; Filmmaking on the Fringe: The Good, the Bad and the Deviant Directors; The Fifty Most Erotic Films of All Time; and Movie Lust: Recommended Viewing for Every Mood, Moment and Reason — as well as countless articles and reviews. She founded the Columbia Film View while attending Columbia University’s graduate film program and subsequently taught film history, theory and criticism, did publicity for the New York City Ballet and conducted interviews for BSkyB's The Movie Show. She joined TVGuide.com in 1995, where she authors reviews, features, the weekly blog "DVD Tuesdays" and, of course, Ask FlickChick.
- Will watch Klaus Kinski in anything, no matter how regrettable.
- Thinks Halloween is the best holiday of the year.
- City University of New York, Hunter College, New York, NY; Columbia University, New York, NY (MFA in Film)
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Birthday: September 29, 1958, Libra
- Profession: Writer
- User Rating:
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 2. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 3. America's Got Talent: Season 10 Premiere
- 4. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 5. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. I Can Do That: The Harlem Globetrotters, Penn and Teller, AiRealistic