- Has been deaf in his left ear since the age of 3.
- Played football and basketball in high school; also belonged to the drama club.
- Roomed with fellow future actor William Devane during college.
- His first job in theater was working as a prop man at the Bucks County Playhouse in Pennsylvania.
- Made his Broadway debut in 1969 with Does a Tiger Wear a Necktie?
- Won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead in 1986 for his performance in Blood Simple.
- Created the Blarney Fund Education Trust in 1989 to provide scholarships to graduating high-school seniors in the Swanton, VT, area who are in financial need.
- Makes up half of Roger Ebert's "Stanton-Walsh Rule," which states that any film with Harry Dean Stanton or him in it can't be all that bad.
- 1986, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Male Lead: Winner
- Agnes Kathrine Walsh — Mother
- Harry Maurice Walsh — Father
- Clarkson College of Technology, Potsdam, NY (BA in Business Administration, 1958); American Academy of Dramatic Arts, New York, NY
- Birth Name: Michael Emmet Walsh
- Birth Place: Ogdensburg, NY
- Birthday: March 22, 1935, Aries
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Everyone's most recent TV obsession was the hot topic on the Emmys red carpet