M. Emmet Walsh Celebrity
- Has been deaf in his left ear since the age of 3.
- Played football and basketball in high school; also belonged to the drama club.
- Roomed with fellow future actor William Devane during college.
- His first job in theater was working as a prop man at the Bucks County Playhouse in Pennsylvania.
- Made his Broadway debut in 1969 with Does a Tiger Wear a Necktie?
- Won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead in 1986 for his performance in Blood Simple.
- Created the Blarney Fund Education Trust in 1989 to provide scholarships to graduating high-school seniors in the Swanton, VT, area who are in financial need.
- Makes up half of Roger Ebert's "Stanton-Walsh Rule," which states that any film with Harry Dean Stanton or him in it can't be all that bad.
- Agnes Kathrine Walsh — Mother
- Harry Maurice Walsh — Father
- Clarkson College of Technology, Potsdam, NY (BA in Business Administration, 1958); American Academy of Dramatic Arts, New York, NY
Trending TonightSee all »
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $1.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
By Beachbody Inc.,Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $72.80 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 1-2 business days Buy New: $2.99 (as of 3:02 AM UTC - more info)