- Was born and resides in Klein, Texas, which was named after his great-great-grandfather, Adam Klein.
- As a journalism student at Texas A&M, interviewed performers such as Nanci Griffith and Michael Martin Murphey.
- Studied in Germany as a graduate student.
- Released his self-titled debut album in 1986.
- Gained widespread popularity not for his music but for his marriage to Julia Roberts, whom he met on the set of The Player. The two married after a three-month courtship.
- In 2004, suffered a broken leg and several fractured ribs after a bull charged at him as he was walking on his uncle's farm.
- 1996, Grammy — Best Country Album: Winner
- 1994, Grammy — Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals: Winner
- 1989, Grammy — Best Country Vocal Performance, Male: Winner
- 1994, Grammy — Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal: Winner
- April Kimble — Fiancée
- Bernell Lovett — Mother
- Allison Inman — Ex-significant Other
- Julia Roberts — Ex-wife
- Bill Lovett — Father
- Texas A&M University, College Station, TX (BA in Journalism and German)
- Birth Place: Klein, TX
- Birthday: November 1, 1957, Scorpio
- Profession: Musician, Songwriter, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
You'll never guess who Geena Davis was into in college