- Childhood nickname was "Unco," short for uncoordinated.
- Dropped out of college to travel; worked as a grape picker in Germany and as a gold miner in Australia.
- Speaks German, French and Italian.
- Crowned Mrs. New Zealand in 1989.
- Attended the William Davis Centre for Actors' Study in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, in 1991.
- Thrown from a horse and broke her pelvis while taping a skit for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in 1996.
- Awarded New Zealand's Order of Merit in 2006.
- Her singing career includes the song Little Child on the 2006 album Unexpected Dreams: Songs From the Stars, a 2007 single called Come to Me and live concert performances at venues such as the Roxy Theatre in Hollywood.
- In 2009, she costarred in the Web series Angel of Death with Zoe Bell, the woman who was her stunt double on Xena: Warrior Princess.
- Embraces her gay fans, who consider her character Xena a lesbian icon, as well as her geek fans, explaining that "geeks have given me my career."
- Described her role of Lucretia on Spartacus: Blood and Sand as "challenging" because she tends "to go in a comedic direction" when acting.
- Is a board member of the Starship Foundation, which raises funds for the Starship Children's Hospital in her hometown of Auckland, New Zealand; in 2010, she donated several of her Xena: Warrior Princess outfits to an auction to raise money for the foundation.
- Frank Ryan — Father
- Daisy Lawless — Daughter
- Garth Lawless — Ex-husband
- Judah Miro Tapert — Son
- Julius Robert Bay Tapert — Son
- Julie Ryan — Mother
- Robert Tapert — Husband
- Attended University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Season 2, Episode 5
- Birth Name: Lucille Frances Ryan
- Birth Place: Mount Albert, Auckland, New Zealand
- Birthday: March 29, 1968, Aries
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: