Louise Fletcher Celebrity Watchlist
- Both parents were deaf; her father, an Episcopal priest, founded more than 40 churches for people with hearing difficulties.
- Learned to speak from her aunt, who also introduced her to acting.
- Made her feature-film debut in 1974's Thieves Like Us.
- Thanked her parents in sign language during her Oscar acceptance speech in 1976.
- Claims that she has a harder time watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) as she gets older because Nurse Ratched, the role that earned her the Academy Award, is too cruel.
- 1996, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress for a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2004, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1975, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Winner
- 1976, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Winner
- 1976, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress: Winner
- 1981, Genie Awards — Best Performance by a Foreign Actress: Nominee
- Robert Capers Fletcher — Father
- Andrew Wilson Bick — Son
- John Fletcher — Brother
- Georgianna Fletcher — Sister
- Jerry Bick — Ex-husband
- Roberta Ray — Sister
- John Dashiell Bick — Son
- Estelle Caldwell Fletcher — Mother
- Morgan Mason — Ex-significant Other
- Attended All Saints Episcopal College, Vicksburg, MS; University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC (BA, 1957)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Radio Télévision Belge Francophone (RTBF)Buy New: $11.99
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York