- Was the youngest of 11 children.
- Was employed full-time as a school counselor, specializing in helping troubled kids, before pursuing a comedy career.
- Won first place at the 1981 Midwest Comedy Competition.
- Got his big break appearing on The Tonight Show in 1984.
- Won two Daytime Emmys for his 1990s animated series, Life With Louie.
- Has written books focusing on the difficulties of growing up overweight and with an alcoholic father, including Dear Dad—Letters From an Adult Child, Good-bye Jumbo...Hello Cruel World, and The F Word: How to Survive Your Family.
- Was extorted by an Arizona man, whom Anderson helped convict by cooperating with the FBI on a sting operation.
- Cofounded H.E.R.O., a charity organization devoted to helping homeless people get back on their feet.
- 2016, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: Winner
- Louie Anderson — Father
- Ora Anderson — Mother
- Birth Name: Louie Perry Anderson
- Birth Place: Minneapolis, MN
- Birthday: March 24, 1953, Aries
- Profession: Comedian, Actor, Author
Trending TonightSee all »
Everyone's most recent TV obsession was the hot topic on the Emmys red carpet