- Is of Scotch-Irish, Cherokee, Filipino and Hawaiian decent.
- His father named him after United States Marine Corps Master Gunnery Sergeant Lou Diamond; his surname comes from his stepfather.
- Although he was offered scholarships to the U.S. Naval Academy and Yale, he decided to attend the University of Texas at Arlington.
- Once borrowed a bellhop's uniform to sneak up to a hotel room to meet Robert De Niro.
- Won a Best Supporting Actor Independent Spirit award for his work in 1989's Stand and Deliver.
- Crowned the winner of NBC's I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! in 2009; donated the winnings to the Art Has Heart Foundation, which provides college scholarships to low-income students.
- Defeated Coolio in the Season 1 finale of Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off in 2012, winning $50,000 for the charity Share Our Strength, which strives to end childhood hunger in America.
- Plays on the World Poker Tour.
- 2016, Emmy — Outstanding Actor In A Short Form Comedy Or Drama Series: Nominee
- 1989, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Male: Winner
- 1989, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1996, Tony — Actor (Musical): Nominee
- Grace Moorea Phillips — Daughter
- Isabella Patricia Phillips — Daughter
- Julie Cypher — Ex-wife
- Lili Jordan Phillips — Daughter
- Jennifer Tilly — Ex-fiancée
- Gerald Upchurch — Father
- Lucita Upchurch Phillips — Mother
- Yvonne Marie Boismier — Wife
- George Phillips — Stepfather
- Indigo Sanara Phillips — Daughter
- Kelly Preston — Ex-wife
- University of Texas, Arlington, Texas, United States (BA in Drama, 1985)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Louis Upchurch
- Birth Place: Subic Nava Stations, Philippines
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Pretty Little Liars actor says Caleb is ready to tie the knot with Hanna