- Born in Trinidad and raised in Brooklyn, New York.
- Began acting at 11 years old.
- Landed her first paying job the same day she graduated college with Shakespeare & Company.
- Played Titania in a 1987 off-Broadway production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, opposite F. Murray Abraham, Fisher Stevens and Elizabeth McGovern.
- Nominated for five NCAAP Image Awards for her work on Any Day Now.
- 2014, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 2015, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Winner
- 2013, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Supporting Female: Nominee
- Samara Grace — Daughter
- Curtis Peek — Ex-fiancé
- Janet Beane — Mother
- The Juilliard School, New York, New York, United States (BFA in Acting, 1982)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Trinidad and Tobago
- Birthday: April 4, 1960, Aries
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
It doesn't depend on a boyfriend