- Began playing cello as a child; enrolled at Juilliard on a scholarship in her mid-teens, around which time she performed with orchestras.
- Worked as a fashion model prior to her 1982 television debut, which saw her portray a model in the made-for-TV movie Born Beautiful.
- Played a young cellist on the popular 1980s TV drama Fame.
- Made her big-screen debut as the female lead in the 1984 hit Footloose.
- A multiyear participant in the annual "Artists vs. Writers" charity softball game held in East Hampton, NY.
- 1986, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Female Lead: Nominee
- Gregory Singer — Brother
- Claude Singer — Brother
- Bryan Singer — Cousin
- Jacques Rio Emery — Son
- Leslie Singer — Mother
- Marc Singer — Brother
- Jacques Singer — Father
- Richard Emery — Ex-husband
- The Juilliard School, New York, NY
Season 12, Episode 22
- Birth Place: Corpus Christi, TX
- Birthday: November 6, 1957, Scorpio
- Profession: Actor, Cellist
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: