- Nicknamed Lolo to distinguish her from mother, also Lori.
- Ancestry includes French, African-American, Native American and Norwegian.
- Raised by her mother, but lived with various other Des Moines families during high school, when her family had to move to another town.
- Amassed numerous sprint-hurdles titles as a pro, including back-to-back World indoor titles (2008; 2010 in U.S. record 7.72); three straight U.S. indoor (2007-09); and U.S. outdoor (2008, 2010).
- Infamously clipped the penultimate hurdle while leading the 100m hurdles final of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, stumbling to a seventh-place finish.
- Posed in ESPN The Magazine's 2009 Body Issue.
- Underwent corrective spinal surgery in August of 2011.
- Finished fourth in the 100m hurdles at the 2012 Olympics in London.
- Recruited by Todd Hayes in October 2012 to try out for a spot on the women's bobsledding team; selected as a brakewoman for the U.S. Olympic bobsled team at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, but did not medal.
- Won gold in the 100m at the 2015 NACAC Senior Championships before having hip surgery in October 2015.
- One of a select few Americans to have competed in both a Summer and Winter Olympics.
- Lori Counter-Jones — Mother
- James Jones — Father
- Angelia Jefferson — Sister
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisana, United States (BS in Economics, 2005)
- Birth Name: Lori Jones
- Birth Place: Des Moines, Iowa, United States
- Profession: Track athlete, Bobsled athlete
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead