Lizzy Caplan had recurring roles on Freaks and Geeks
and Tru Calling
before earning a leading role on the short-lived 2006 sibling dramedy Related
as a party-planning drama queen. But her memorable turn as a Gothic outcast in the 2004 teen screen comedy Mean Girls
expanded her options. Because of the secrecy surrounding the monster film Cloverfield
, Caplan auditioned knowing nothing about the plot and only that producer J.J. Abrams was involved. Tackling a variety of roles, Caplan captures the essence of an addict on the TV series True Blood
as easily as the humor in the '80s flashback Hot Tub Time Machine
.Lizzy Caplan Fast Facts:
- Made TV debut as Sarah in 1999 on the series Freaks and Geeks.
- Played a mean girl named Janis Ian in the 2004 hit comedy Mean Girls.
- In 2006, listed as one of Variety's Top 10 Actors to Watch.
- Blindly auditioned for the film Cloverfield and accepted a role before knowing what the film was about.
- Appeared in the first season of True Blood as Amy, Jason Stackhouse's drug-addicted girlfriend.
- Lizzy Caplan Relationships:
- Ben Caplan - Brother
- Julie Caplan - Sister
- Lizzy Caplan Awards:
- 2014 Critics' Choice Television Awards: Best Actress in a Drama Series - Nominee