Lizzy Caplan Celebrity Watchlist
Lizzy Caplan had recurring roles on Freaks and Geeks and Tru Calling before earning a leading role on the short-lived 2006 sibling dramedy Related as a party-planning drama queen. But her memorable turn as a Gothic outcast in the 2004 teen screen comedy Me… (more)
Birth Name: Elizabeth Anne Caplan
Birth Place: Los Angeles, CA
Birthday: June 30, 1982, Cancer
Lizzy Caplan had recurring roles on Freaks and Geeks and Tru Calling before earning a leading role on the short-lived 2006 sibling dramedy Related as a party-planning drama queen. But her memorable turn as a Gothic outcast in the 2004 teen screen comedy Mean Girls expanded her options. Because of the secrecy surrounding the monster film Cloverfield, Caplan auditioned knowing nothing about the plot and only that producer J.J. Abrams was involved. Tackling a variety of roles, Caplan captures the essence of an addict on the TV series True Blood as easily as the humor in the '80s flashback Hot Tub Time Machine.
- Made TV debut as Sarah in 1999 on the series Freaks and Geeks.
- Played a mean girl named Janis Ian in the 2004 hit comedy Mean Girls.
- In 2006, listed as one of Variety's Top 10 Actors to Watch.
- Blindly auditioned for the film Cloverfield and accepted a role before knowing what the film was about.
- Appeared in the first season of True Blood as Amy, Jason Stackhouse's drug-addicted girlfriend.
- 2014, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2014, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Ben Caplan — Brother
- Julie Caplan — Sister
Next On TVSee all »
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative