Liza Minnelli Celebrity Watchlist
- Godfather was lyricist Ira Gershwin and she was named after his song "Liza (All the Clouds'll Roll Away)." Her godmother was Kay Thompson, singer and author of the Eloise children's books.
- Made film debut as a toddler in the 1949 musical In the Good Old Summertime, which starred her mother, Judy Garland.
- Was once married to Jack Haley Jr, whose father played the Tin Woodman in The Wizard of Oz.
- At age 17, made off-Broadway debut in Best Foot Forward.
- In 1963, she released her first solo album, Liza, Liza!
- For her 2002 wedding to David Gest, Tito and Michael Jackson were best men and Elizabeth Taylor was one of 17 bridesmaids.
- Became the first performer to win an Academy Award whose parents also both won Academy Awards (her father for directing Gigi; her mother, an honorary Oscar, for The Wizard of Oz).
- Involved in numerous charitable efforts, including amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research. She also served on the board of the The Institutes for The Achievement of Human Potential.
- 1987, Emmy — Outstanding Informational Special: Nominee
- 1980, Emmy — Outstanding Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 1976, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1973, Emmy — Outstanding Achievement by a Supporting Performer in Music or Variety: Nominee
- 1993, Emmy — Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 1986, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Winner
- 1978, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1970, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama: Nominee
- 1973, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Winner
- 1982, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 1969, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1972, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Winner
- 1974, Tony — Special Award: Winner
- 1984, Tony — Actress (Musical): Nominee
- 1965, Tony — Actress (Musical): Winner
- 1973, Emmy — Outstanding Single Program - Variety and Popular Music: Winner
- 1970, BAFTA Film Awards — Most Promising Newcomer to Leading Film Roles: Nominee
- 1972, BAFTA Film Awards — Best Actress: Winner
- 2013, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1978, Tony — Actress (Musical): Winner
- Lee Anderson Minnelli — Stepmother
- Peter Allen — Ex-husband
- Vincente Minnelli — Father
- David Gest — Ex-husband
- Mark Gero — Ex-husband
- Joey Luft — Half Brother
- Lorna Luft — Half Sister
- Christiana Nina Minnelli — Half Sister
- Jack Haley Jr. — Ex-husband
- Ira Gershwin — Godparent
- Judy Garland — Mother
- Kay Thompson — Godparent
Trending TonightSee all »
The Judy Garland Collection (The Judy Garland, Robert Goulet & Phil Silvers Special / Live at the London Palladium with Liza Minnelli / The Concert...
By White StarBuy New: $25.99
By SonyBuy New: $9.99
By White StarBuy New: $9.18
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Empire: Pilot
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York
- 7. Neighbors With Benefits: Welcome To The Neighborhood