- Was put in an acting class at age 8 to overcome shyness, and then performed in musical theater for the next four years.
- At 12 she was chosen from a nationwide talent search to be a Mouseketeer on The New Mickey Mouse Club.
- Rose to stardom by playing spoiled, rich Blair Warner on the hit sitcom The Facts of Life from 1979 to '88.
- Recorded the contemporary Christian album All Because of You in 1984; was nominated for a Grammy for Best Inspirational Performance, but lost to Donna Summer.
- Left acting in 1990 to be a stay-at-home mom; later wrote a series of books on motherhood, including Creative Correction and her autobiography, The Facts of Life and Other Lessons My Father Taught Me.
- Founded MomTime Ministries in 2000.
- Briefly returned to acting in 2001 to appear in The Facts of Life Reunion.
- Is an inspirational speaker at Women of Faith conferences.
- Returned to TV in 2012 to appear on Survivor: Philippines.
- Cody Whelchel — Brother
- James Whelchel — Father
- Roy Coleman — Stepfather
- Tucker Cauble — Son
- Justice Coleman — Half Brother
- Steve Cauble — Ex-husband
- Haven Cauble — Daughter
- Clancy Cauble — Daughter
- Virginia Whelchel — Mother
- Birth Name: Lisa Diane Whelchel
- Birth Place: Littlefield, TX
- Profession: Actor, Author, Inspirational speaker
Trending TonightSee all »
Why it means so much to her