- Mother is Jewish; father is African-American.
- Started taking acting lessons when she was 13 years old and had a guest-starring role in the series St. Elsewhere, which led to a recurring role on the CBS sitcom The Two of Us.
- Landed star-making role of Denise Huxtable on the popular family sitcom The Cosby Show in 1984 when she was 16 years old; starred in the spin-off series A Different World three years later.
- Met first husband Lenny Kravitz, a then-unknown, struggling musician who went by the name of Romeo Blue, at a New Edition concert in 1985; they eloped in Las Vegas in 1987, on her 20th birthday.
- Legally changed her name to Lilakoi Moon in 1995, even though she continues to use her birth name for entertainment purposes.
- Devotes her time to several charitable causes, including Venice H.E.A.R.T. (Hearing Each Other and Responding Together), a mentoring organization she and several of her artist/activist friends created to help students at a Venice Beach, CA, high school.
- 1986, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2016, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Guest Performer in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Allen Boney — Father
- Lenny Kravitz — Ex-husband
- Arlene Litman — Mother
- Lola Iolani Momoa — Daughter
- Jason Momoa — Significant Other
- Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa — Son
- Zoë Kravitz — Daughter
- Bryan Kest — Ex-significant Other
- Birth Place: San Fernando, California, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Once Upon a Time, Doctor Who and more