This former child model underwent a striking transformation from freckle-faced cutie to curvaceous teen redhead to super-skinny blonde vixen whose personal woes overtook the bright promise of her early career successes. For while Lohan is a wonderful actress who possesses poise, charm and natural comic timing, it's her tempestuous life (which includes high-profile romances and substance-abuse issues) that keeps her in the spotlight. After appearing on a few daytime soaps, Lohan landed a dual role in Disney's big-screen remake of The Parent Trap
in 1998. Her winning turn as a high-school rocker who switches bodies with her uptight mom in Disney's 2003 remake of Freaky Friday
boosted her career, as did her amusing performance as a smart homeschooled student in 2004's Mean Girls
. In addition to acting, Lohan continued to model, and recorded pop albums, often de rigueur for teen starlets of her generation. But popular as her projects were, her turbulent off-screen life (in direct contrast to her squeaky clean onscreen image) generated even more interest, including feuds with Hilary Duff and Paris Hilton, estrangement from her ex-con father, myriad romances, late-night carousing and her dramatic weight loss. In January 2007, after much speculation about her incessant partying, she checked herself into a swanky rehab. Her career stalled throughout the rest of the decade, as tabloid coverage far overshadowed professional success, though she did take on a film project, The Other Side
, in 2009.Lindsay Lohan Fast Facts:
- Reportedly became the first redheaded model hired by Ford when she signed at age 3.
- Has appeared in more than 60 commercial spots, including The Gap, Pizza Hut and Jell-O (with Bill Cosby).
- Beat out 4000 other actresses to get the lead role in the 1998 remake of The Parent Trap.
- Won the award for Breakthrough Female Performance for Freaky Friday at MTV's 2004 Movie Awards, which she also hosted.
- Signed a long-term, multi-album contract with Tommy Mottola's Casablanca Records and released two albums, Speak (2004) and A Little More Personal (2005).
- Launched her own clothing line, 6126, in 2008.
- Appeared in the 2014 West End production of David Mamet's Speed-the-Plow.
- Lindsay Lohan Relationships:
- Michael Lohan - Brother
- Dina Lohan - Mother
- Ali Lohan - Sister
- Michael Lohan - Father
- Cody Lohan - Brother
- Ashley Horn - Half Sister
- Wilmer Valderrama - Ex-significant Other
- Landon Lohan - Half Brother
- Kate Major - Stepmother
- Samantha Ronson - Ex-significant Other
- Lindsay Lohan Awards:
- 2006 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture - Nominee