This former child model underwent a striking transformation from freckle-faced cutie to curvaceous teen redhead to super-skinny blonde vixen whose personal woes overtook the bright promise of her early career successes. For while Lohan is a wonderful actre… (more)
Birth Name: Lindsay Denise Lohan
Birth Place: New York, New York, United States
Birthday: July 2, 1986, Cancer
Profession: Actor, Singer
This former child model underwent a striking transformation from freckle-faced cutie to curvaceous teen redhead to super-skinny blonde vixen whose personal woes overtook the bright promise of her early career successes. For while Lohan is a wonderful actress who possesses poise, charm and natural comic timing, it's her tempestuous life (which includes high-profile romances and substance-abuse issues) that keeps her in the spotlight. After appearing on a few daytime soaps, Lohan landed a dual role in Disney's big-screen remake of The Parent Trap in 1998. Her winning turn as a high-school rocker who switches bodies with her uptight mom in Disney's 2003 remake of Freaky Friday boosted her career, as did her amusing performance as a smart homeschooled student in 2004's Mean Girls. In addition to acting, Lohan continued to model, and recorded pop albums, often de rigueur for teen starlets of her generation. But popular as her projects were, her turbulent off-screen life (in direct contrast to her squeaky clean onscreen image) generated even more interest, including feuds with Hilary Duff and Paris Hilton, estrangement from her ex-con father, myriad romances, late-night carousing and her dramatic weight loss. In January 2007, after much speculation about her incessant partying, she checked herself into a swanky rehab. Her career stalled throughout the rest of the decade, as tabloid coverage far overshadowed professional success, though she did take on a film project, The Other Side, in 2009.
- Reportedly became the first redheaded model hired by Ford when she signed at age 3.
- Has appeared in more than 60 commercial spots, including The Gap, Pizza Hut and Jell-O (with Bill Cosby).
- Beat out 4000 other actresses to get the lead role in the 1998 remake of The Parent Trap.
- Won the award for Breakthrough Female Performance for Freaky Friday at MTV's 2004 Movie Awards, which she also hosted.
- Signed a long-term, multi-album contract with Tommy Mottola's Casablanca Records and released two albums, Speak (2004) and A Little More Personal (2005).
- Launched her own clothing line, 6126, in 2008.
- Appeared in the 2014 West End production of David Mamet's Speed-the-Plow.
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Kate Major — Stepmother
- Michael Lohan — Father
- Cody Lohan — Brother
- Ali Lohan — Sister
- Michael Lohan — Brother
- Dina Lohan — Mother
- Wilmer Valderrama — Ex-significant Other
- Ashley Horn — Half Sister
- Landon Lohan — Half Brother
- Samantha Ronson — Ex-significant Other
Trending TonightSee all »
By A&E Home VideoUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $12.95 (as of 3:15 AM UTC - more info)
By Riverdale Avenue BooksUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $15.17 (as of 3:15 AM UTC - more info)
By OrionUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $9.71 (as of 3:15 AM UTC - more info)