Linda Hunt Celebrity Watchlist
- Made her acting debut at 12 in a Westport, CT, production of Flibbertigibbet.
- Originally planned to be a stage director because she thought her small stature would limit acting opportunities.
- First TV appearance was in a 1978 Hallmark Hall of Fame presentation of Arthur Miller's Fame, in a role the playwright created with Hunt in mind.
- Big-screen debut came with Robert Altman's live-action Popeye (1980).
- Was the first actor to win an Oscar for playing someone of the opposite sex, for her role as Billy Kwan in The Year of Living Dangerously (1982).
- Won Obie awards for her performances in the plays Top Girls and A Metamorphosis in Miniature.
- Frequent voice-over work has included narrating the popular God of War video game series, as well as providing the voice of Management on HBO's Carnivale.
- 1984, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1983, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Winner
- 1984, Tony — Actress (Play): Nominee
- 1983, Australian Film Institute Awards — Jury Prize: Winner
- Marcia — Sister
- Raymond Davy Hunt — Father
- Karen Kline — Significant Other
- Elsie Hunt — Mother
- DePaul University, The Theatre School, Chicago, IL (BFA in Acting, 1966)
Next On TVSee all »
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. Dancing With The Stars: Week 1
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage