- Made Broadway debut as the ingenue Snooky in the 1963 musical 110 in the Shade.
- At 17, became the then-youngest student accepted by the Actors Studio.
- Role as Cinderella in 1965 led to Walt Disney signing her for movie debut in 1967's The Happiest Millionaire.
- Tested for role of Liesl, the oldest daughter, in The Sound of Music.
- Best-remembered movie role was as James Garner's ditsy girlfriend in Victor/Victoria, for which she received Oscar and Golden Globe nominations.
- Played Lois Lane in It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's Superman (1975), an obscure TV adaptation of the 1966 Broadway musical, and though she was one of many who auditioned for the part of Lane in the 1978 blockbuster Superman, the role went to Margot Kidder.
- 1971, Golden Globe — Actress in a Supporting Role - Television Series: Nominee
- 1982, Oscar — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1991, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- 1978, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Winner
- 1990, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Special: Nominee
- 1983, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1985, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Christopher Peters — Son
- Richard Lewis Warren — Brother
- Carol Warren — Mother
- Jon Peters — Ex-husband
- William Warren — Father
- Ron Taft — Husband
- Birth Place: New York, NY
- Profession: Actor, Dancer
Trending TonightSee all »
Slaying the enemies of Jesus with the angel Castiel