After studying acting at Chicago's DePaul University, Missouri-native Roberts stayed in the Windy City to hone his skills on some of its finest stages, including the Steppenwolf Theatre Company and the Goodman Theatre. In the mid-'90s, he began landing small film parts and TV guest spots, including a recurring role in Season 4 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 2002 was an important year for Roberts: He gained 20 pounds to play legendary boxer Joe Louis in the TV biopic Joe and Max, and played the nemesis of the protagonist in the marching-band movie Drumline. Following his appearance as a series regular on the popular Heroes in 2006-2007, Roberts continued making guest appearances on high-profile shows (including a 2010 role on Castle) and performed on London's West End stage in a 2008 production of The Viewing Room.
- Made film debut in a small role in Love Jones (1997).
- For his first major film role, appeared with Denzel Washington in Spike Lee's He Got Game (1998).
- In 2000, played Forrest Gates in the fourth season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Gained 20 pounds to portray heavyweight boxing champion Joe Louis in the TV movie Joe and Max (2002).
- Made his West End (London) theater debut in a 2008 production of The Viewing Room.
- Reunited with actor Noah Gray-Cabey, who played his son on the TV series Heroes, in the 2010 film Pizza Man.
- DePaul University, The Theatre School, Chicago, IL (BFA in Acting, 1995)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: St. Louis, MO
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Matt Damon dated a Stranger Things star in 2000.