- Went to high school with singer Johnny Mathis.
- Winner of the 1955 Miss America pageant.
- In 1955, became the original "today girl" on NBC's Today, covering topics such as fashion and weather.
- Made her film debut in the sci-fi thriller 4D Man (1959) playing the role of Linda Davis.
- Active in a variety of charities such as AbilityFirst, Women in Show Business, American Cancer Society and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- 1977, Emmy — Outstanding Continuing Performance by a Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1975, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- 1976, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- Lesley Aletter — Daughter
- Marshall Borden — Husband
- Don Meriwether — Brother
- Kyle Aletter — Daughter
- Frank Aletter — Ex-husband
- Attended City College of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Lee Ann Meriwether
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, CA
- Birthday: May 27, 1935, Gemini
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Sterling K. Brown's story will blow your mind