- Father died in an industrial accident before he was born, and his mother died in a car crash before his second birthday. He was subsequently raised by his paternal uncle and aunt.
- Was a star athlete in high school, which earned him a football scholarship to Indiana University.
- Suffered a back injury during a football game in college; this effectively ended his college football career, but it did not prevent the St. Louis Cardinals from offering him a tryout. He declined to play pro football and instead moved to Los Angeles, where he took a job with the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Gained first significant recognition when he landed the role of Heath Barkley in The Big Valley (ABC) in 1965; he beat out more than 400 other actors, including Burt Reynolds, for the role.
- Had a starring role on the early 1970s series Owen Marshall: Counselor at Law. His then girlfriend---and future wife---Farrah Fawcett guest starred in one episode.
- Starred as Steve Austin in the 1973 ABC movie The Six Million Dollar Man, which was made into the iconic series in 1974.
- 1977, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama: Nominee
- Harvey Yeary — Uncle
- Lee Majors II — Son
- Nikki Majors — Daughter
- Mildred Yeary — Aunt
- Faith Noelle Cross — Wife
- Karen Velez — Ex-wife
- Carl Yeary — Father
- Kathy Robinson — Ex-wife
- Dane Majors — Son
- Alice Yeary — Mother
- Farrah Fawcett — Ex-wife
- Trey Majors — Son
- Attended Indiana University, Bloomington, IN; Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY
Trending TonightSee all »
By TGG DirectUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $13.99 (as of 5:04 AM UTC - more info)
- Usually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $10.00 (as of 5:04 AM UTC - more info)