- Asked to play football at age 9, but his mother feared it was too dangerous and signed him up for baseball instead (he was an all-star four years in a row); finally began playing football at age 13.
- Was the Giants' first-round draft pick (the second player overall) in 1981.
- Named NFL's Rookie of the Year in 1981, Most Valuable Player in 1986, and Defensive Player of the Year in 1981, 1982 and 1986.
- Spent entire football career (1981-93) playing for the New York Giants and helped them win Super Bowl championships in 1986 and 1990.
- Surpassed his role as linebacker and is considered one of the greatest defensive players in the history of football.
- Was the first player in history to be chosen for the Pro Bowl in 10 consecutive seasons.
- Inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1999.
- Released autobiographies in 1987 (LT: Living on the Edge, written with David Faulkner) and 2004 (LT: Over the Edge: Tackling Quarterbacks, Drugs and a World Beyond Football, written with Steve Serby).
- Competed in Season 8 of Dancing With the Stars.
- Lawrence 'TJ' Taylor Jr. — Son
- Tanisha Taylor — Daughter
- Whitney Taylor Davis — Daughter
- Linda Cooley — Ex-wife
- Clarence Taylor — Father
- Iris — Mother
- Kathy Louise Davis — Ex-significant Other
- Clarence Taylor Jr. — Brother
- Kim Taylor — Brother
- Paula Taylor — Daughter
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC (1981)
- Birth Name: Lawrence Julius Taylor
- Birth Place: Williamsburg, VA
- Profession: NFL Hall of Famer
Trending TonightSee all »
Matt Damon dated a Stranger Things star in 2000.